Friday, January 05, 2007

Office Space


"Hmmm...yea. I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday...Hmmkaye."
—Bill Lumberg, Office Space


Yesterday afternoon, most of the STEM staff walked to another buiding on Bethany's campus to look at a potential new office space. STEM has been looking for a couple of years now for a new place to call home but nothing ever materializes. This new place has windows, bigger bathrooms, a nice kitchen area, a conference room, and a place to house a sea of cubicles.

So will it actually come to be this time?

60% chance according to Roger. The downfalls are it's about twice as expensive and that's not including STEM's cost of purchasing cubes and other office supplies that will be needed. It's also not much bigger than what we have now. RED FLAG!

But I asked Roger and he gave me a logical answer. In a nut shell, STEM is fine as we are for the next year or two. But because STEM is slowly growing, it won't take much for us to finally burst at the seams concerning space. So if we don't take this place now and wait until it's necessary, the place probably won't still be available and then we would have to move off campus to a potentially even more expensive place.

Make sense?

Bottom line, Roger is openly seeking any and all suggestions as well as taking it to the Lord in prayer. (That has been an advantage of working at STEM, it's God focused.) So I guess we'll see what happens.


Yesterday we received a "Thank You" card from the Rockwell's for visiting them while in the hospital. (I wrote about them a couple of weeks ago concerning the birth of their baby.) Seeing their card reminded me of how small the world is.

Let me explain.

While Erin and I visited Cliff, Michelle, and Mikayla, there was another couple waiting to see them as well. After talking with the guy for about 5 minutes, he said he recognized me. Huh? I had no idea who he was. It turns out he was our neighbor when we lived in our apartment in Roseville. Apparently he had been playing his music too loud and I had gone over and asked him to turn it down.

Hmm...Small world. (I must have asked nicely since he didn't seem to hold any grudges.) :)

—b


Friday, January 5th, 2007/Deuteronomy chapters 13-17

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
" for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 13:3b

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
Too many of God's tests I fail. Sure I'll get an "A" here and there but God doesn't grade on a curve. I would easily fail His class. That won't stop me from trying though. I'll continue to read His word, pray, and live my life as I belong to Him. Thank God for what Jesus did on the cross for us all!

Copyright 2006, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES

• The Twin Cities is home to the only 2 Somali churches in America.

No comments: