Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Suffering

Why does God allow suffering?

Yes, I took a somewhat humorous approach to this but this has to be one of the most asked questions. Both by followers of Christ and His naysayers. Here is an answer to that question from Pastor Steve Treichler, the head pastor of Hope Community Church. (The church which spawned Erin and my current church home, Hiawatha Church.)

God allows/causes suffering for his glory and our good (11:4)
BECAUSE (11:6)
He loves us (11:5)
AND
Will always cause good to happen in the end (Romans 8:28)
WHILE
He is feeling the pain and anguish we feel in our suffering (11:35).

I don't know about you, but I found that answer to be very comforting and very good. Although pain will still hurt, it does take some of the sting away. Basically, God is in control and we MUST trust Him.

—b

Wednesday, January 31st, 2007/1 Samuel chapters 18-???

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
I overslept and I want to make it up tonight.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• In 2005, the Twin Cities Gay Pride Festival had 385,000 attenders

No comments: