Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Minne-hope-a-less"

"The curse of Minneapolis" & "Minne-hope-a-less"

Those two quotes were used to describe the contestants on American Idol. Normally I could care less and wouldn't waste my time watching, but last night's premiere episode featured Minneapolis...I have never been so embarrased to live in Minnesota. :(

(It was so bad, North Dakota looked good.) ;)

The past couple of days my computer has been acting up and I have had to work at home to hit my deadlines. So last night I set up and Erin turned on the tube to American Idol. I had never watched a complete show before last night. Now I'm wishing that streak was still alive.

I was so embarrassed at/for some of the people who auditioned. One guy dressed up like Apollo Creed from the Rocky movies and one girl purposely sang like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz! (I would have posted a video clip but I didn't find any in my brief searching of YouTube. The few people that seemed to do well weren't even from Minnesota. Out of 10,000 people attempting to make it, only 17 people succeeded. 17! Ouch.

[sigh]

Oh well. At least I can be thankful that I know I can't sing. :)

—b

Wednesday, January 17th, 2007/Joshua chapters 12-24

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
"you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the LORD your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed." Joshua 23:14b

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
God is the same today as He was then. Every promise He has ever made has or will be fulfilled. Not necessarily in our time either. Due to sin, Israel had to wander for 40 years before God made due. So we must wait. God's timing and planning are perfect, even if we don't see it.

Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• Over 125,000 Muslims live in the Twin Cities.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Bernt,

I've never watched a full episode of Am. Idol either, and still haven't. The only time I've watched any of it was while exercising at the wellness center because everything else was boring. Well, that was boring too. I wish I could have seen last nights episode though. It sounds funny, although embarrassing. I didn't hear anything about Am. Idol last year since I was in England. Did you know it was one year ago today that I left for England? It's funny, while walking to my first class I saw a large plane leaving the Fargo airport heading toward Minneapolis. That's when it hit me. Do you think God wanted me to be reminded?

Em

Unknown said...

Yea, I'll give American Idol that...it had it's funny moments.

Has it been a year already since you left for England. Wow. Of course maybe I'm thinking of when you returned. Anyway, I like how God puts little Post-Its up for us to remember. We all too quickly forget.

—b