Monday, January 22, 2007

Traveling Mercies

Slow & Steady

Normally those are two words I don't like when driving, but yesterday was different.

This past weekend the four of us headed to Oshkosh (I learned that it's one word not two) to see Rachel, one of Erin's friends from high school. We got there pretty late so we all went to bed after midnight.

The next morning I was the last one to wake up and was told the two girls were going shopping...alone. So I yelled back, "FINE! I DIDN'T WANT TO GO SHOPPING WITH YOU ANYWAY!" And I ran to our room crying. Ok, so that didn't happen but I knew before hand the girls were planning on going shopping so I wasn't suprised.

About 5 hours later they returned with bags in hand. It was productive for Erin (which was a good thing). She found a bunch of maternity clothes for when she's further along.

Not to long after they got home, some of Rachel's family came to her townhouse and we all headed out to eat to celebrate Erin being a quarter of a century old. It was fun. The highlight was singing "happy birthday" to her while the waiter brought out her sparkling, firework birthday brownie.

Sunday we left a little before noon to see Erin's sister Naener (Danae). It had already been snowing a couple of hours and it wasn't supposed to stop anytime soon. Thankfully the plows had been out and it wasn't that slippery.


Moving pretty slowing we made it to Danae's in about twice the time it would normally take. It was good to see her and hang out with her roomate Lauren. Bella was the star as the phrase "she's sooo cute" kept coming from Danae's roomates. I got to watch a little of the Bears/Saints game so that was also a highlight.

We weren't there for more than a couple of hours when we headed for home. I was hoping the weather would have gotten better but on the contrary, it was still coming down. So we said a few "shotgun" prayers all the while seeing almost a dozen accidents. We made it home safe and thanked the Lord for his provision. After a total of 8 hours in Betty the Jeep, we were excited to finally see home.


Congrats to the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts on the getting to Super Bowl 41. I was routing for a Saints vs. Colts Super Bowl but now I will really be routing for Indy.

—b

Last night/morning, Erin was bowing to the porcelin throne due to the flu. I tried to help but wasn't much of one. Anyway, I was too tired to get up at my usual time this morning. I'll have to make it up tonight.


Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

SPIRITUAL TWIN CITIES NOTEABLES
• The Twin Cities has the largest Hmong population in the U.S. (85,000)

No comments: