Thursday, May 10, 2007

58


What comes to mind when you hear the number 58? Anything? The age of a parent? The number of times you hear about American Idol in one day? The number of wins the Nationals will have this year? For me, 58 represents the number our thermostat read this morning. Yea, 58 degrees.

With Erin being in her 3rd trimester and getting more uncomfortable and feeling warmer with each passing day, we have tried to make her as comfortable as possible. Which includes turning on the airconditioning...all ready. We're not even into the middle of May yet.

We initially just had a window open. When that didn't seem to work, we turned on a fan. When the fan wasn't powerful enough, we moved it closer to her. (By the way, I have worn a stocking cap to bed the past two nights. No joke!) Now we are on to artificial coldness. Brrr...

I woke up this morning freezing and during my Bible study, I almost turned our fireplace on. How funny would that have looked to people passing by. Here it's May and some odd couple has smoke coming out of their chimney.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. After all, I'm the husband, I have it easy...for the most part. ;)

—b

No comments: