Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Discipleship


Ever since really taking my relationship with Christ seriously over a year ago, I have wanted to grow in my knowledge and faith. God has been working in me through His word, other Christians, prayer, and a lot of conviction. Last night was another step in becoming more "Christ-like".

(Have I lost ya yet?)

At 6:00 pm I dropped off Erin at J-Bone's so those two could celebrate his birthday with a meal courtesy of Old Chicago. While they were celebrating, I had a meeting scheduled with our pastor (Chris) and two other guys from church. At the very least, the meeting was the start of a discipleship group. But what we are praying for is that meeting was the beginning of another God growth spurt.

Pastor Chris, Spencer, Chad, and I will meet twice a month (initially anyway) for three hours at a time. During this time, we will devour God's word, pray, keep each other accountable, do work in the community, and have fun! Yea, believe it or not, we will have fun.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm really looking forward to this steep learning curve. I have been thirsting to know our heavenly Father better and this will be one more thirst quencher!

(Ok so that last part was pretty cheesey but you get the point.) :)

—b

No comments: