Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Tirade

It was fun. What can I say? Like last weekend, we saw Leif, Cyri, and Kayle only this time they came here.

Some of the highlights were watching the Twins beat the Blue Jays, me not making Kayle cry, being treated to the Cheesecake Factory, spending time with family, me not making Kayle cry, Dairy Queen, watching Kayle be "so big", grilling out, and...well...me not making Kayle cry.

The lowlight had to be the way I "stormed out" of our living room while watching a movie.

(I got you interested didn't I?)

To somewhat briefly recap what I'm talking about: I like movies. Big suprise I know. But I like the "feel good" movies. Yea they usually aren't critically acclaimed or admired for being on the cutting edge story wise but that's not why I like movies. I like movies becuase it's an escape. We all know the world is full of horror stories that are true so why would I want to escape to a horror story that someone made up? There's enough garbage I fill my mind with and I don't need to put even more in there.

Sorry, back to my "storming out of the living room" story.

We were watching the movie Hostage. Not a bad movie compared to today's standards. I get emotionally involved in movies and when people's deaths are gruesomely showed, that REALLY gets to me. I don't know why. Anyway, the movie started out showing a mom and her son being killed by thier husband/father and not too long after it had a woman cop being brutally shot, then, another mother and son being kidnapped, next, two boys (who weren't innocent) shot. The last murders pushed me over the edge. I knew I had to leave as fast as I could.

Unfortunately I waited too long. I wanted the movie to get better. I wanted thier to be meaning behind the deaths but nothing. It just kept coming. I would later find out it was a good thing I left becuase of how the "main bad guy" killed himself. Yuk.

I left the room before the movie was over, no big deal right? Well, I left, but not without all but making a big show of it. Being loud, verbally showing my disgust, and basically just ruining my families enjoyment of the hollywood production. Just because I have a hard time with certain parts doesn't mean it effects everyone else the same way.

The next day Erin lovingly called me on my actions and I apologized to her as well as Leif and Cyri. I told them why I had to leave even though it didn't necessarily make sence to them. They gave me the "no big deal" and I felt better. Why is it that apologizing is NEVER easy?

The moral of the weekend? I don't know. Only that I need to recognize my trigger points and deal with them before I sin against others.

To leave you on a happy note, here is baby Kayle showing us all how big she is while spitting her tounge out at daddy.

—b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The moral of the weekend? I don't know." ... Thanks for that story, Aesop.

Unknown said...

Anytime.