Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Erin's Pregnant Playlist


A few friends from church KNOW their music. They are able to critique a song and are actually educated enough to back up their opinion with more than the usual, "I like it just becuase" answer. I am NOT one of those people. If you were to look at my iTunes library, you would see everything from Barry Manilow to Led Zeppelin, Mozart to t.A.T.u, even Keith Green to Pantera. What can I say, I like variety.

Back to the subject at hand. One of those friends from church (Petey) has created a couple of playlists and posted them on his blog. So I was thinking of making one but with a theme...Erin's pregnancy.

The following list was put together by both Erin and I.

  • ERIN'S PREGNANT PLAYLIST

    1. Baby, BabyAmy Grant
    For obvious reasons.

    2. All I Need Is A MiracleMike and The Mechanics
    It took an obvious miracle for us to get pregnant.

    3. All Summer LongBeach Boys
    Yep, Erin will be pregnant ALL SUMMER LONG!

    4. Wake Me Up, Before You Go, GoWham!
    Luckily her bladder wakes her up before she has to go, go.

    5. HurtJohnny Cash
    Wow has she had some pains! She hasn't even gone through birth yet.

    6. Hot, Hot, HotBuster Poindexter
    While she is hot, hot, hot outside, we make sure it's Vanilla Ice cold inside.

    7. Until It SleepsMetallica
    Erin can't sleep till Brevin sleeps. That little guy is active at night!

    8. Big Girls Don't CryFrankie Valli & The Four Seasons
    Women have a higher threshold for pain and Erin is no different. Thank you God that men don't have to give birth becuase the human population would have died out long ago.

    9. Hungry Like The WolfDuran Duran
    Get outta her way when she's hungry!

    10. Sleeping In My CarRoxette
    One of the great places to nap since Brevin is rocked to sleep by the Jeep's motion.

    11. Round and RoundRatt
    Well...what can I say? She keeps getting more round.

    12. BeautifulChristina Aguilera
    Despite having fun with her belly, I have loved how Erin has looked while pregnant. She just glows.

    13. Cruel SummerBananarama
    By the time we reach August, it will have been a very cruel summer.

    14. Push ItSalt 'N Pepa
    Nuff said.

    15. Sweet Child O' MineGuns N' Roses
    That's what we are looking forward to, our child. At this point, Brevin doesn't even have to be "sweet".

    16. We Can Work It OutThe Beatles
    Raising support, Erin being a stay at home mom, and only having one income, it's only because of God that We Can Work It Out.

If you want to download Erin's Pregnant Playlist, click here.

—b

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I like the list! I think you should have "Sweet Child O' Mine" playing in the delivery room to welcome Brevin in style.

Unknown said...

lol. that's a great idea. I'll have to run that by Erin. :)

—b

A said...

LOL!!! Oh my goodness, this list is hilarious!! By the way B, during labor, you might be getting Erin some "ice, ice baby"!!

Unknown said...

(sing)

Alright stop, callibrate and listen. Ice is back with a brand new invention. Something, grabs a hold of me tightly. Flows like a harpoon, daily and nightly. Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know...



Ok sorry. Now I will stop.

—b

Anonymous said...

"Word to your mother"