Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spidey 3 Reviewed


As I was so excited about seeing Spider-Man 3 yesterday, you just knew I was going to post about it today. Without any details, everything happened as I hoped they would. I got there on time, sat in a relatively good location, had fun watching the movie, and left. Boring!

Here is the story with the details:

I met the "Friendly Stegosaurus" in the Minnesota Zoo parking lot on time. (Which was a concern of mine since I was so late in meeting him at the last movie we went to.) Whew, ok next on my "here is what could possibly go wrong list" was finding Tri Dey so we could get into the movie. Sure enough, that was the one thing I was worried about the most and my fears were confirmed.

Two nights previous, Tri Dey told me she would meet me at the concession stand at 6:30. Well, Stego and I got there 15 minutes earlier and waited. While he saved our spot in line, I went to the concession stand, stood on a bench to see over the crowd, and visibly searched for Tri Dey. Nothing. That was to be expected concerning it wasn't 6:30 yet. No big deal.

Well, sure enough, I had just started looking when the theater doors opened the line of people started filing in. Shoot! The theater was filling up fast and we had no tickets. So as Stego got closer to the door, we weighed our options. Either A. step out of line, lose our place, and forfeit whatever good seat we would be able to get. Or B. stay in line and pray they don't ask to see our pass. We chose B.

As the line progressed and saw daylight, we noticed that the staff was taking passes. Crap. So as we kept getting closer to being discovered trying to sneek in without a pass, we purposely walked a little closer to the middle-aged ladies in front of us making it appear we were with them.

We were up...the ladies in front of us handed their pass and we kept walking in with them as if all was well. As we walked by it was kind of like one of those scenes in a movie where the people know they're guilty, and when the person who was offended looks at the offenders, they are looking not-so-innocently at some fascinating aspect of the wall. Success! We got into a movie without paying for it!

So ends today's lesson kids. Stealing and dishonesty is not only encouraged, but fun too! (Ok so that's not the lesson I want you to take with you from this story.)

Continuing on in my story...We got in and chose three seats close to the end of the aisle so Tri Dey could easily join us when she arrived. Being that we got in easily enough, I decided to go back out and wait for Tri Dey.

As I walked back out, I made sure to ask the ticketeer that I wouldn't need a pass to get back in. He gave me the nod and I continued. Thankfully Tri Dey was right were she said she'd be and we both got pop and popcorn and headed back into the theater...this time with a pass I might add. She found a friend/co-worker on the way in to sit with so it was just Stego and I the rest of the way.


*Disclaimer: I will attempt to base my review on what Joe and Jane Public would like to know about the movie without letting the fanboy inside me out.

First question usually asked about a movie is "Was it good." i.e. "Will it be worth my $9.00?"

My response would have to be to ask you what your looking for in a movie. If you are looking for a high(er) entertainment value, good special effects, and will it be a "feel-good movie"? Than I would have to answer "yes".

When you see the movie, keep in mind it is a comic book movie. There are a few cheesey parts and lines in the movie but it has a great story and even better special effects.

My one word of caution: If you have younger kids that your going to take to the movie, I'd be careful during the last 30 minutes or so. The Venom character can be scary.

—b


Thursday, May 3rd, 2007/Psalm chapters 106–???

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
First I miss last nights weekly Bible study due to Spider-Man 3, then this morning my usual coffee couldn't keep me awake for my daily devotions. Man it's a good thing I'm saved by grace and not works. ;)



Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

PROFILES OF IMMIGRANT GROUPS IN THE TWIN CITIES

16. Polish — Pop. 7,500

• Have been coming to the Twin Cities since the 1990s.
• Most are in their 20s and 30s.
• 48% of Twin Cities Thai family have obtained home ownership.
Religion: Catholic and Christian

No comments: