Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Brevin Isaac Eidsmoe


Back in February, I did a spin off of the popular Conan O'Brien skit called "If They Mated". I combined a picture of Erin with myself to see what our son would look like. (You can see that post here.) Well, It's about time I told you our son's name (officially anyway).

We wanted his name to have meaning and we always liked the concept of naming after one of our parents. Well, how do you decide which parent to name them after? My dad? Erin's dad? But then that will lead to, "my dad can beat up your dad". Hmm...

One day while on the phone with my dad, we told him our naming woes, and he said "why not combine the names?" Bruce + Kevin = Brevin. Cool.

Presenting the name (kind of jokingly) Erin had the same reaction, a mild "cool". As a few days went on, that mild cool reaction turned into, "it's growing on me and I'm really starting to like it." Eventually, we both fell in love with the name.

People always give us a puzzled look when we tell them our son's name. When it came to tell Kevin, he wasn't to sure about it...till he heard how we came up with it. Then he was more open to it. :)

Back to present day.

At the begining of the post I referred to combining pictures to see what Brevin will look like. Well, since he's being named after his two grandpa's here is a rendering to what our son may look like as a grandpa.


Well...compared to what the first rendering looked like, Brevin will obviously get a lot better looking as he gets older. (Unfortunately that isn't saying much.) ;)

Enjoy your day!

—b

2 comments:

Leah Miller said...

I laughed out loud when I looked at the combo of you two. I think Brevin is great, much better than Kevuce.

Hooray for you guys and handsome older Brevin.


ps. Bernt, I really need to learn how you set up your page to look so cool. I can barely center my words...

Unknown said...

Thanks Leah for the compliment. It's a good thing God designs our kids and not us. Sheesh.

I love to help you out with the look of your blog, let me know what you'd like to do with it and I'll help you out with it as much as I know how.

—b