Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The NEW "May Day"


Being it's "May Day" today, I was wondering what is "May Day"? Is it something that Launchpad McQuack would yell into his radio everytime he crashed his plane?

Growing up, I learned we were to fill styrofoam cups of candy, drop them off on someone's doorstep, ring the doorbell and run. And if you get caught dropping off the candy, the person who caught you, has to give you a kiss.

How did that start?

I popped on over to Wikipedia.com and checked it out. I was expecting to see some symbolism and meaning to what I just described. Umm...no. It's actually a pagan holiday that the puritans objected to for obvious reasons. Here is a link to what I'm talking about if you care to read more.

So after reading what it originally stood for and what a "Maypole" was, I Bernt Bruce Eidsmoe, hereby declare an NEW meaning for "May Day". By the power invested to me by the State of Lunacy, "May Day" is now celebrated in honor of our dear friend and pilot, Launchpad McQuack. It is a day in which we celebrate the fact that everytime he got into a plane, he crashed it.

"May Day's" NEW official slogan has been taken directly from Launchpad himself: "If it has wings, I can crash it."

Enjoy your NEW "Mayday"!

—b




Tuesday, May 1st, 2007/Psalm chapters 88–95

GOD'S MESSAGE FOR ME TODAY
Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD, And whom You teach out of Your law; Psalm 94:12

HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO MY LIFE?
I like how the book of Proverbs puts it in chapter 3 verses 11 and 12.

"My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof, For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights."



Copyright 2007, City Vision / John A. Mayer
You can purchase a copy of the CityView Report here.

PROFILES OF IMMIGRANT GROUPS IN THE TWIN CITIES

14. Ukrainian — Pop. 9,500

• Two waves of immigration: Older immigrants came in the first half of the 1900s and newer immigrants began arriving in the late 1980s.
Religion: Many are Orthodox and some are Christian and Catholic.

No comments: